“I am the Good Shepherd”
- “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. “(John 10:11)
- “As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness. I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own land.”(Ezekiel 34.12-13a)
- May the sword strike his arm and his right eye! May his arm be completely withered, his right eye totally blinded!”(Zechariah 11:17)
- “I will place shepherds over them who will tend them, and they will no longer be afraid or terrified, nor will any be missing,” declares the Lord.” (Jeremiah 23.4)
- What is the role of the shepherd? What does it mean for Jesus “to give his life” in John 10:11, since as God He is immortal?
Points for Prayer:
Sunday 26: Thank you Jesus because you take care of us day after day as a shepherd taking care of his sheep.
Monday 27: Bless all caregivers, especially those who work in hospitals and clinics. Instruct them, give them wisdom as they heal and care for the sick and dying and provide for their material needs as well.
Tuesday 28. : Lord, Help us hear your voice: The voice of the Good Shepherd. Help us to learn to discern your voice from all those around us and to follow it with confidence.
Wednesday 29 : Give to the persons who are in the government honest words.
Thursday 30: Jesus, allow our families and friends to see you in us: Jesus, the keeper of our souls, He who cares for us.
Friday 1: Father, chase away every anxiety of heart from your children, that they remain convinced that no one can snatch them from your Hand.
Saturday 2: Father, Let your kingdom draw near in the State of Gabes where “shepherds” are trying to train people in ways far from the truth. We pray that the many unemployed young people and fathers seek and find work. We pray that small groups are formed throughout the State to follow the true and Good Shepherd, Jesus Christ .