I am the Light
- When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
- The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned. Is 9:2
- For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light. Eph. 5:8
- Anyone who loves their brother and sister lives in the light, and there is nothing in them to make them stumble. I John 2:10
- What does Jesus mean by the expression « darkness » in John 8:12?
- How do we follow Jesus?
Points for Prayer:
Sun 12/4: Thank you Jesus that You are the Light of the world!
Mon 13/4 : Father give young Tunisians the desire to seek the Light. Awaken their creativity and curiosity.
Tues 14/4 : Pray that the body of Christ be light in this country, in every sphere of activity.
Wed 15/4: Father help the government fight corruption, establish honesty, and gain the confidence of the people. Cause your Light to shine in the midst of injustice.
Thurs 16/4: Pray that our friends will be attracted by the light of Jesus in us. Pray that they will pull back from any darkness, occultism, or any other tradition that keeps them from being open to the Gospel.
Fri 17/4 : Father pour out your light on the relationships of Your Church in Tunisia. Remove all suspicion and disagreements, replace them with your love and forgiveness.
Sat 18/04: We pray for the State of Beja, which was greatly overwhelmed by floods in March, adding to the already existing social problems of unemployment of young people in particular. We pray that the people of Beja have the courage to oppose any influences that pull the young people toward ways that will trap them.