I am the Bread
- Jesus said to them « I am the Bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. John 6:35
- Jesus responded: « It is written: Man shall not live by bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God. » Mt 4:4
- I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.” John 6:51
- And when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” I Cor 11:24
- In relation to food, what did bread represent in that day?
- Describe the meaning of hunger, of thirst. What did Jesus want to say in John 6:35?
Points for Prayer:
Sunday 05/04: Thank you Father that in Jesus there exists no problem without a solution, neither any needs for which You are not capable to provide for.
Monday 06/04: Father, renew the thirst of the citizens of this land to engage and work for the good of their family and country.
Tuesday 07/04 : Father give us a hunger and thirst for your Word, for the edification and growth of Your church.
Wensday 08/04 : Father, guide the government in these first months of activities, that a thirst for justice would guide the ministers of parliament.
Thursday 09/04: Father we pray that the people the closest to us ( family, friends, colleagues) would have a thirst for Jesus in seeing (us) your children live.
Friday 10/04 : Father, create a deep thirst for your Word in the hearts of Tunisian believers.
Saturday 11/04 : Just as Zaghouan offers water from her aqueduct to Carthage pray that the people of this region believe and drink the Water of Life; that they draw close to Jesus and eat of the Bread of Life. Father renew the lands of this region, that her fields, vineyards, and culture would give of their fruit in abundance for the good of the people, that each would eat as they have hunger.